If you love to play online games on PC, you might be familiar with Discord. It is a cool platform to communicate with other gamers via voice chat as well as text. There are different versions for Mac, Android, and iOS as well as for Windows, so you should be able to use it on whichever platform you are using.
Occasionally, you might face an error on Discord Awaiting Endpoint while connecting to Discord. This error will not allow you to establish a connection with the server.
But you don’t need to worry; we are here to guide you on how to fix it. In this guide, we will tell you the complete methods to resolve this issue.
What is Meant By “Discord Awaiting Endpoint Error”?
“Awaiting Endpoint” error on Discord is a network-related issue, which we often face while connecting to the Discord servers.
At times, when you are going to start up with Discord and try to chat with others, you see “Connecting” on your screen, but instantly an error appears on your computer screen.
One of the main reasons behind this annoying stuck-up error is the servers of Discord are down or you are failing to make the connection with a specific server.
Common Errors of Awaiting Endpoint Discord
Below mentioned are the common errors with Awaiting Endpoint on Discord.
- Discord Stuck on Connecting.
- Discord Server Down.
- Discord RTC Connecting.
- Discord Awaiting Endpoint Private Call.
5 Best Ways To Fix “Discount Awaiting Endpoint” Error
Here, we are sharing several techniques that might be helpful for you to successfully fix the error. By using the given below methods you will surely fix it.
1. Check Your Internet Connection.
2. Wait For Servers.
3. Changing The Server Region.
4. Use a VPN.
5. Re-install The Discord Application.
Method 1: Check Your Internet Connection & Wi-Fi Settings
A poor internet connection can cause an Awaiting Endpoint error on Discord. To check either your Wi-Fi or internet is working properly, you have to go to any other website or try connecting to any other service from the browser on your computer.
If nothing is working, then it means the problem is your Wi-Fi or internet connection. In most cases, simply rebooting the modem or the router might fix the issue.
But if that is working properly, then we recommend you go to the network dashboard and change all the settings into the default settings.
You can try this method; it will help you to fix the error.
Method 2: Wait For The Servers
Giving Discord time to fix their servers on their own is another simple way to fix the error. Mostly, this issue fixes itself automatically after a while, so you should give it a couple of hours and then open Discord again to see whether it works.
But if you are in hurry and don’t want to wait for the server to backup, which may take a couple of hours as well, then you should think about changing the server to solve the issue.
If you have decided to change Discord’s server, then that’s what we will discuss in our next method to fix the problem.
Method 3: Changing the Server Location
As we mentioned earlier, one major reason behind Discord’s Awaiting Endpoint error is that the specific host may be down. To provide uninterrupted services and prevent overload on a single server, most of the companies across the globe have several servers at different locations.
Like the others, Discord also has servers in different geographical locations. Whenever your PC sends a request to connect with a server, the request goes to the nearest server to provide the services quickly and without any lag.
If one of the nearest servers is down, changing the server can get you back on track. You may get rid of the error by changing the server settings temporarily. Changing Server helps you to connect to another available new server which fixes this issue. Follow these steps:
1. Open your “Discord” platform.
2. Go to the “Settings” menu.
3. Scroll down the settings menu to select the “Server Settings”.
4. Click on “Overview” in the left-hand side pane in Server Settings.
5. Click on “Change” in Server Region to change the server location.
Once you have clicked on “Change”, you will see the list of Discord Servers from different regions across the globe.
6. Select one of the closest servers from the given list.
When you select the server from the given list it will ask for confirmation.
7. Click on the “Save Changes” button to connecting with the selected server.
Method 4: Use a Virtual Private Network (VPN)
One way to fix network-related issues is using Virtual Private Network (VPN). VPN helps you to change your Server / IP address and access the geo-restricted contents. To avoid server / IP-related issues use the Virtual Private Network; it will connect to a private network that can help you to connect to a new server in Discord automatically.
Many free and paid VPN applications are easily available in the market. Some of the most popular VPN applications are given below:
- CyberGhost VPN
- Surfshark VPN
- Express VPN
- Nord VPN
- IpVanish VPN
You can fix the error by using the above-suggested VPN applications; you need to follow these steps:
1. At First “Download VPN” application from the Internet and then “Install” on your PC.
2. Open the installed VPN application and connect to the server.
3. Now, open the Discord application again using VPN.
This may help you in resolving the Awaiting Endpoint error on Discord.
Method 5: Re-Install Discord Application
If you get tired of using all of the above-discussed methods to get rid of the Awaiting Endpoint error on Discord, then you can do the last resort option. Uninstall Discord from your PC and then reinstall it on your PC again.
To properly uninstall the Discord platform, it is not enough to simply delete or transfer its files to the Recycle Bin. For doing this, we need to use the features of Windows Settings.
Follow these steps:
1. Open “Start Menu” by clicking on the Windows icon button on the bottom left corner of your screen.
2. Click on the “Settings” option.
3. Open “System” in the Windows Settings.
4. Search and choose the “Apps & Features” in the System window.
5. Look for Discord and click on the “Un-install” button.
A pop-up window will appear on the screen with a warning message as shown in the above screenshot.
6. Click the “Uninstall” button to confirm the un-installation process.
Discord will be completely removed from your computer in the background mode. In just a few seconds, it will disappear from the list of installed programs.
Read this: How to Fix Discord Update Failed Error?
How to install Discord on Windows 10?
1. Open your web browser and go to www.discordapp.com
2. Click on “Download” in the top-left corner of your screen.
3. Click the “Download Now” button in the next window.
4. The file “DiscordSetup.exe” will appear in your downloads bar, click on the file to open it.
5. Click on the “Run” button, which appears in the pop-up window.
There may be multiple reasons behind the Awaiting Endpoint Discord error, but hopefully one of the above methods will work for you to get by the problem.
If you have tried all the above methods without success and are still experiencing the Discord Awaiting Endpoint Error, you should contact Discord Support and tell them what is happening with the Discord application.